Online USA Field Hockey Advanced Indoor Umpire Clinic
USA Field Hockey will be hosting an Online Indoor Umpire Clinic that will run for three-consecutive weeks each on Monday and Wednesday evenings, beginning Monday, November 1, 2021.
THIS CLINIC IS FOR ALL LEVELS OF UMPIRE.
Each session will be from 8:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. ET (5:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. PT) and last 45 minutes to 1-hour.
USA Field Hockey will send all those who register a link for each session approximately 1-hour before the session starts.
All sessions will be recorded for later review if necessary.
The clinic will be presented using the Microsoft Teams platform.
The cost of the clinic is $50 for non-USA Field Hockey Members and $25 for USA Field Hockey Members.
This clinic is a great clinic to update your knowledge and expand your knowledge of the game.
Topics to be covered by USA FIeld Hockey's Director of Umpiring Steve Horgan include:
- Monday, November 1 - Presentation...Whistling, Signals, Confidence
- Wednesday, November 3 - Positioning...When and where to be to make the best decision
- Monday, November 8 - Cooperation...Working as a team to cover the field to get the calls right
- Wednesday, November 10 - Set Plays...Penalty Corners, Set Pieces, Shootouts
- Monday, November 15 - Rules Applications...Free Pushes,Obstruction, Stick interference, Hitting, Intentional over the endline
- Wednesday, November 17 - FIH Indoor Umpire Briefing Presentation.
Registration will be open until Sunday, October 31, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. ET.
For questions, please contact Steve Horgan at firstname.lastname@example.org or (302-668-7409)
We look forward to seeing you virtually!